Happy to share with you all the winner recipes of the diabetes day cooking competition held @Yogasakhi.
- Karela(Bitterguard) – 250 gm
- Lemon Juice – 2
- Fenugreek seed powder – 1 tablespoon,
- Turmeric powder,
- Mustard seed powder – 1 tablespoon,
- Garlic pest – 1 clove,
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch,
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon,
- Salt – as per test.
Wash and cut the karela in to small bite size pieces.
Add all the remaining ingredients in it and mix it well.
Now Aachar is ready to it.
It is very good for Diabetic Petients.
Rajma is known to have blood glucose lowering properties and is high in fibre and protein. Soya is a powerhouse of nutrition. Daliya, known for it’s low glycemic index adds the third nutritious element to these wholesome kebabs. The sweetness of the chutney comes from dates, a healthy alternative to sugar or an artificial sweetener.
Ingredients: (For 15 kebabs)
- Large cup of rajma (which will be soaked overnight and boiled and therefore will increase in volume)
- Half a large cup of soya granules(which has to be made into powder in a mixer)
- 1/4 of the same cup daliya(lightly roasted and soaked in hot water for 10 min)
- Oil for shallow frying
- Half a cup of finely chopped coriander
- 6 pods of garlic finely chopped
- 4 cloves
- A small stick of cinnamon
- 2 pods of elaichi
- 3 to 4 peppercorns
- I tsp jeera
- I green chilli
- I tsp Haldi
- Juice of one lime
- Salt according to your taste
For Date chutney:
- Ten dates
- I tsp of organic jaggery ( or more, according to your taste)
- 2 tsp of tamarind paste
- Water to blend into chutney (approximately half a cup)
Pressure cook the rajma till very tender. Mash well and keep kneading in the soya granule powder and soaked daliya till its smooth enough to form kebabs. Grind the garlic, cloves, cinnamon, jeera, elaichi, chilli till very smooth. Add this spice paste to the prepared mixture along with the lime juice, coriander, haldi and salt and mix well. Pat into small kebabs and roll the sides lightly on a plate to create a round shape. Shallow fry on a tava with minimum oil on both sides till golden brown.
For the chutney, soak the dates in warm water for 5 mins. Remove the seeds and place them in a small mixer with the organic jaggery and tamarind paste and grind till fine. Add some water to blend it into the required consistency.
Serve the kebabs piping hot with the chutney or enjoy them yourself guilt-free!
One can substitute rajma with any other bean, substitute soya with homemade low fat paneer and add in oats instead of daliya. The spices can be adjusted to each palate.
- Ingredients :
1 cup low fat curd
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup grated cucumber
- 2 tbsp roasted and ground oats
- 2 tbsp flaxseed chutney( roast flaxseed and then grind with garlic,salt,red chilly pwdr)
- 1 green chilly cut into half
- 1 tsp of salt For seasoning:
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp mustard seed
- 10 curry leaves
- pinch of hing( asafetida)
- Handful of pomegranate for garnishingMethod:Mix all ingredients together and then do theseasoning and garnish with pomegranate ur yummy healthy raita is ready to eat
- Chana Dal – 2 cups
- Fenugreek Leafs – 1 bunch
- Green Chili – 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- urmeric – ½ tsp
- Red chili – ½ tsp or as per taste
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Chutney: Amla -2 Coriander leaved – ½ bunch Garlic – 4 cloves Lemon -1 Salt – as per taste Green Chilies -2
- Soak chana dal overnight. Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Add ginger garlic paste, finely chopped green chilies, salt, turmeric, red chillie powder, and finely chopped fenugreek leafs.
- Grease idli stand n make small ball of the batter and place it in cooker and steam it on high flame for at least 3 to 4 min. on low flame for 2 min.
- Let it cool down and take it out cut it in two pieces.
- Put one teaspoon of oil and add curry leaf and black mustard seed. Once it start crackling add steamed dumpling n fry it garnish with green chili n serve it hot with amla chutney.
- It can be served without frying also with chutney or ketchup.
- Rajma -1cup(smoked over night)
- ginger-1small piece,
- garlic -5 cloves,
- salt to taste,
- low fat cheese slice -2,
- Readymade salsa -1cup,
- one onion finally chopped,
- 1-capsicum finally chopped.
- Make 5 chapatti from the dough and keep aside.
- Boil Rajma with little water adding salt, ginger, garlic.
- When Rajma is boiled open the pressure cooker and on high flame let the remaining water dry.
- When all the water dry mash the Rajma and keep aside for cooling.
- Now heat a tawa place chapatti on it spread Rajma on half part of the chapatti add onion, capsicum 1spoon salsa, and cheese fold the chapatti and make it crisp from both side.
- Serve hot with salsa.